Sunday, February 24, 2013

Selah.

I've seen it italicized in Habakkuk and the Psalms, or as a title to a musical interlude on a worship album. But this morning I was prompted to dig a little deeper.
Selah is defined as a musical direction, but more than that, it is rooted in the word 'connect', which expands to meanings such as 'stop and listen', and 'let those with eyes see, and with ears hear'.
I resonate with these words because lately the Lord has really been putting it on my heart to 'selah'. To intentionally seek Him in a quiet place. To pause and reflect in stillness, because it is here that I can truly listen and tap into the deeper layers of His word. As the light from my window streams in ever fuller in the early morning hours, so His light shines down on my path ever clearer.




I appreciate your prayers in this time. That the Lord would reveal His perfect plans and peace in my heart as I tread onwards.



The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom,
    so that I know how to comfort the weary.
Morning by morning he wakens me
    and opens my understanding to his will.
The Sovereign Lord has spoken to me,
    and I have listened.
    I have not rebelled or turned away.
~ Isaiah 50:4-5

No comments: