Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Ever-pressing onward.

The last couple of weeks have been a revolving door of wonderful people and places, where every minute that passed just wasn't quite long enough. In many ways, sitting on my velvet couch this afternoon with the fan blades spinning overhead, it feels like I never left. And yet the memories of my Christmas break take me back to a dreamland of foreign familiarity.

Perching on my parent's couch overlooking MillRace Road, mesmerized by the giant flakes falling down. Sitting round Oma and Opa's kitchen table for Sunday lunch of homemade vegetable soup and golden zwiebachs. Sipping warm Starbucks deliciousness with Darcie. Embracing Ashley, my sister-in-law, and feeling the kick of little feet belonging to my soon-to-be niece or nephew. Raising my candle with the rest of the congregation in Wainfleet BIC's Christmas eve service. Holding the oh-so-sparkly hand of my dear, newly-engaged Sarah. Road tripping to Springfield with Ryan. Breakfasting and praying with friends new and old.
These are just a few of the highlights forever etched in my memory from a farewell to 2012 and kick-off to 2013. I am so ready for all this year has yet to hold, while also marvelling at how much it has held already.

Thank you for journeying with me this year. I'm excited for all that is to come in this place where the sun shines bright and the mountains awe and the people embrace you with open arms. A place where bare feet meet tile floors. Where friends come over early and stay late. A place where Creole greetings are heard across the sidewalks and every evening is a picnic supper. Most of all, a place where you can hold hope, and where every morning 10 feet scamper into a one-room schoolhouse and 10 bright eyes seek to learn.

My deepest prayer for 2013 is that my eyes would stay wide open so that I don't miss a moment on the horizon. And not just my physical eyes, but the eyes of my heart. That I may be continually aware and fixed on the Lord's presence with me as I venture outwards and onwards. Praise be to the God who keeps us ever pressed forward to what lies ahead.


No comments: