Thursday, November 8, 2012

Stop and Stare.

Do you ever have those moments where you just wish time could stand still? Over the past few weeks, I've searched for a way to freeze frame moments of joy that have shown up in the most marvellously simple of ways. I am so thankful to the Lord for placing me in moments where I am continually captivated and filled with an awareness of His presence. Even though I can't remain in these sweet spots, I've begun to compile a list of 'stop and stare' moments. Come what may in the months and years ahead, I will always keep these memories in the back pocket of mind... Reminders of the Lord's goodness and guiding Hand. Indeed, He is here.

Cascading shadows on my kitchen tile in the last hours of the day.
Pierre making friends with the girls from the mountain family during worship at church.
Joseph's grin when I draw a picture of an elephant on the chalkboard.
The hope house kids morning chorus drifting up from the kitchen on my way to school.
The irresistible smell of fresh grenadia juice being shared amongst friends next door.
The boys laughter on the trampoline at recess.
Long Saturday drives to the grocery store to the sound of Chelsea's phone playlist.
A sea of green, white, beige and red uniforms at the School of Hope.
The hum of sewing machines harmonizing with Creole chatter at 3cords.
The purple flowers blooming vivaciously at the foot of the balcony steps.

This is the Lord's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes. This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. ~ Psalm 118:23-24

May we have eyes to see and the time to stop and stare at Your abundant beauty that surrounds us day after day after day.

1 comment:

mom said...

thank you Diana for sharing your beautiful thoughts that inspire me to stop and stare too!