Friday, June 1, 2012

Jesus Calling.

A few months ago I started reading through the daily devotional 'Jesus Calling' by Sarah Young, but due to last week's retreat, I fell a few days behind.
I love how the Lord ordains our moments, even down to the delayed things, because when I picked up the devotional earlier this week to begin my catch up, the words could not have been more perfect for that exact moment.
Let me 'read' it to you...

May 26th
In a world of unrelenting changes, I am the One who never changes. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Find me in the stability for which you have yearned.
I created a beautifully ordered world: one that reflected my perfection. Now, however, the world is under the bondage of sin and evil. Every person on the planet faces gaping jaws on uncertainty. The only antidote to this poisonous threat is drawing closer to Me. In My Presence you can face uncertainty with perfect Peace.

In this anticipation of the 'new', the arising unknowns, and of course, the unrelenting change, I am so very grateful for the truth of these words. Words that break through to the very core of my yearning and seeking for peace. It's His presence that continually finds me and comforts my anxious heart. Come what may, He will draw me ever near.

When I am afraid I will trust in You. ~ Psalm 56:3 

No comments: