Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mirrored.

The past few mornings, my devotional readings have centered around practicing the presence of God. Spurring me towards an expectation for the Lord to reveal Himself in marvellous ways throughout my daily comings and goings, while also not restricting Him in how and when He will show up.

Last night I was thinking about the events of my day, and recounting evidence of the Lord's presence. Then it hit me, could it be that practicing the presence of God doesn't just mean that I am looking for Him, but that I can actually bring His presence into my moments? Rather than sitting around, watching and waiting for the Lord's divine appointments, could we be the catalyst in bringing others into an awareness of Him? In the simplest form, aren't we called to live like Christ in order to shine out His truth and love, radiating His presence?

Now the Lord is the Spirit;
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
~ II Corinthians 3:17-18

If Paul's words mean what I think they do, then with Christ inside of us, we can freely shine as radiantly as He does. Harmonious with the Spirit. Stooping to the level of a servant. Pouring out love. Surprising others with joy.
It's another head-spinning truth, that the more we dwell on Jesus and live in His presence, the more we are able to overflow that into our days and be evidence of His glory to those around us.

Marinating in this challenge today.

No comments: